Monday, September 18, 2006

Separation anxiety

Today I left Zachary and ventured out by myself for the first time to go to my friend Carolyn's baby shower. I was a little worried leaving him with Charles since yesterday he had been extra clingy with me and cried whenever I put him down. It was nice to get out but the whole time I was worrying and wondering how they were doing. I stayed through all the opening of the presents but left just as they were about to cut the cake. I raced home, expecting to find a frazzled dad and crying baby... I opened the door and there they were, Zachary sleeping peacefully on Charles's chest as he watched football. Humph! I should have stayed for cake!!


Here is Carolyn with Zachary when she came to see us a couple of weeks ago... She is having a baby girl and is due in October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay I'm on your blog! Maybe it's just me and the typical last-minute paranoia that I'm going to be a terrible mom, but I don't appear very nurturing! I have a photo on my wall of me holding two baby goats, and I look much more comfortable.

I'm so glad you made it to the shower, and I have some leftover cake in my freezer (for after the gallbladder is out), so I'll save it for you!
Carolyn