Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Eight months old!


Zachary is really moving now! He is a pro at rolling and scootching and can get pretty much anywhere he wants to go that way. We are really having to watch him now. He loves his toys and most days when we pick him up at school he is on the floor, playing happily. He loves to eat puffs and cheerios and can get them in his mouth with no problem, although we're still working on the pincer thing. I got him a mesh bag feeder and he enjoys eating bananas with it, but it gets a little sticky! Other than that we haven't really progressed beyond stage 1 fruits and vegetables. Oh, he did have some guacamole at dinner the other night, which he loved! I think he's game to try anything right now. He loves to stand and will jump on your lap as long as your arms will take it.
On the downside, today we discovered (when the ladies at daycare told me) that Zachary has thrush. Form what I read it is usually not too painful but can be a nuisance. Some places say to boil all nipples and pump parts for 20 minutes every day. Like I have an extra 20 minutes a day! We went live on our new SAP system at work last week so this month has been crazy. Hopefully things will slow down in the next week or so so I can get back to focussing on my baby boy! Anyway, he doesn't seem too bothered by the thrush, but I'll be glad when it's gone. Charles took him to the doctor today and got some medicine - let's hope it works!

No comments: