Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Fun (sort of) at the Weenie races

Things are still pretty busy at work, so I'm a little behind in the blogging but I'll try to get caught up here...

Last Saturday we went to the Weiner dog races in Buda for our third year in a row. The theme this year was Teenage Mutant Ninja Weiners. By the time we got the stroller, sunscreen, dog, baby, hat, etc. packed up, we were already tired! Luckily we had preregisterd this year so Tootie was in race number 12, instead of 63 like last year. The weenie dog races have really taken off! We got there just in time for the costume awards and the first race. Tootie ran like a champ, but didn't advance to the next round on Sunday, which was just as well. After our race we went and looked at the ponies, but it was Zachary's naptime and he seemed pretty indifferent to the whole thing, so we went on home. I asked if he remembered going last year in my belly, but he just looked at me like I was crazy. I'm sure that won't be the last time. :)



Notice the pregnant woman next to us - we saw several really pregnant women. My first thought was 'are they crazy?' but then I remembered that was me last year, so I had to withhold judgment. :)


Here is me at the starting line - Tootie was in the green lane. The eventual winner of the whole thing was Copper - he has won several years in a row now.



See, here we are last year. Wow, I was already big!


We didn't get a picture of Tootie this year, but he was happy to go out in the car. He got another certificate of participation to add to his collection.

No comments: