Sunday, June 10, 2007

10 months old!


I always feel like these monthly entries are not too exciting, but then today I went back to see what I had written for his 9 month entry to see all the new things he's done this month, and I didn't really do one! I was disappointed, so I'll keep doing them, if only for myself. :-) Someday I'll transfer it all to the baby book... really, I will!


So this has been a big month! Zachary now has four teeth, and is pulling up all over the place with no problem. He is even good at getting himself down, gingerly squatting slightly, then plopping back on his tushie. I am always glad for the extra padding of the diaper. He hasn't really started cruising, just stays pretty much in the same place once he is up, but he does sometimes take his hands off for a couple of seconds, which is always exciting. We've cleared off the coffee table and the little table with the cut glass is next, since I've seen him eying them recently. He's got the crawling thing down, and he is fast! He still says Da-da-da all the time, and when he's mad he says Na-na-na! Ma-ma-ma got lost somewhere, but that's okay.


His hair is still filling in even more - he's got some nice curls in the back. Our unofficial weigh-in this morning was 26 pounds. He is starting to look like a little boy now for sure. I can't believe we're approaching his first birthday already!
So this month he went swimming for the first time, to his first movie, to a wedding, to a couple of band concerts, lots of good stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susanna,

Do not worry about him saying mama because when he learns how to say it. Watch out because he will use it 1000 times or more a day. Believe me. I didn't think Skylar would ever say mama and now I tell him I am going to change my name and not tell him. Zachary is so cute!! Denise from TXSTATE

Anonymous said...

Have you ever been in the HEB and heard a child say "Mama"? Every woman in the store between 20 and 90 turns around to see whose child it is! Mama, Mamacita, Mom ... we all respond. It is a lifetime commitment. Maybe you could teach Zachary to call you Happy (but not Sleepy or Dopey!) Love you, m