Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh very young

What will you leave us this time?
You're only dancing on this earth for a short while.
And though your dreams may toss and turn you now...
They will vanish away like your daddy's best jeans,
Denim blue, fading up to the sky.
And though you want him to last forever you know he never will...
You know he never will.
And the patches make the good-bye harder still...





We miss you Granddad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susannah, I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I wish I could be there to hug you all. Those are wonderful pictures of your Dad...his favorite place, the ball park. Take care, Ann K.

Becca said...

May happy memories bring you comfort during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
Becca and Rick

Anonymous said...

Susanna,

I am so sorry to hear about your dad and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this diffcult time in your lives. But you can be thankful that he had the chance to know Zachary. Dj06 @txstate