Saturday, May 30, 2009

T minus 2!

Well, in less than 48 hours we will have a baby! Just a quick rundown of the last two weeks... I was doing great until Friday, May 15th when I went in for my regular appointment during which I was hoping to get permission to go to Ben & Regan's wedding in Fairfield the next day. They messed up my appointment card and sent me to the wrong location, so after I rushed over to the other office I was in a state, and my blood pressure reading came out a little high. She told me she would prefer me to stay home all weekend and rest, which I did.

So Saturday I monitored the weather online all day - it was a rainy weekend but as the day went on the forecast went from a 50% chance of rain to 10% by 7 pm, the time of the ceremony. There was rain all over Texas except at the farm I think! Everyone said it was a beautiful ceremony and Andrew took lots of pictures for us.

So Monday I went back to the doctor for a blood pressure check and it was high again, so just like with Zachary, she sent me to the hospital for some monitoring and testing. Charles left work to be with me and they put us in the same room where I labored with Zachary. They put me in a gown and hooked me up to the monitors and checked my blood pressure every 20 minutes or so. All my bloodwork came back fine, and my pressure was great the whole time I was there, so after a couple of hours she let me go and told me to come back again on Thursday. At that point she told me I could work from home but no going in to the office anymore. So I was not officially on bedrest, just taking it easy.

On Thursday my BP was back to normal, so she sent me home for Memorial Day weekend with instructions to continue taking it easy and monitoring my BP at home. We just stayed home all weekend and watched a lot of TV - I think we have seen every episode of Dora and Backyardigans now!

Tuesday I went in and my blood pressure was still good, but she said we could move the C-section up to Friday if I wanted. I decided to wait until Monday anyway, that way Zachary can go to school while I am in the hospital. She wanted to see me one more time yesterday and darn it if it hadn't gone up again. It was just barely over the limit so she finally decided to let me slide until Monday. So, Monday at 7:30 am we will be having a baby!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Congratulations that you've made it so far and so well! Good luck on Monday!