Monday, February 15, 2010

Before I forget...

Zachary started this really cute thing a week or so ago. For some reason, any word that ends in '-er', he now pronounces as ending in '-o'. For example, our evening meal is suppo. Here are some usages I can think of off the top of my head...

"Mommy, my movie is ovo!"
"I need help with my zippo!" (putting on his jacket)
"Baby brotho"

To make it even funnier, he has always had a cute way of saying words that end in 'oor', pronouncing it more like "oh-er"
Floor = Flow-ah
Door = Doe-ah

So now, he puts the 'o' sound on the end of that too, as in "flow-oh" for floor and "doe-oh" for door.

It's not like he can't pronounce his 'r's either, it seems very distinct and purposeful. I can't really explain it but it is cute!

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Georgia has been reverting a bit, too. I wonder if it is the age or if they're talking "baby talk" like their little brothers.