Wednesday, February 07, 2007
First boo-boo
As if it wasn't hard enough leaving my precious baby with strangers, Tuesday afternoon I got a call from Charles near the end of the day informing me that I should probably go pick up Zachary because he had fallen out of the stroller at daycare. They have this four-seater stroller that they load up the babies in and take them out for walks - I had strapped Zachary in just the day before and seen how much he loved it. Well, apparently one of the helper ladies had put him in it but didn't have him completely strapped in yet, and he went toppling off onto the ground. I raced over there with my heart in my throat, but when I got there he gave me his normal big smile and seemed fine. They had watched him carefully and didn't let him go to sleep until I got there. I was glad they were so forthcoming about what had happened, but oy. Just oy. He has a little bitty bruise on his chin that is almost gone now, which seems to be the only lasting effect of the incident. I'm sure I have many more boo-boos to look forward to, but I wish he could have gotten by a little longer. Poor baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment