Here we are on the Hertz bus going to get our car on the day we arrived in San Diego, Saturday afternoon. I secured us a sweet Grand Marquis but Charles was not amused - he went back and got us this awesome Buick Enclave, which we are now coveting mightily. It really is the perfect family car. Luckily for us, they seem to be pretty hard to find. :)
This was Zachary's first flight ever, and he did great. I went to the dollar store before we left and wrapped up a bunch of little toys for him to open. I was really proud of how quiet he was, then the lady in front of him turned around and informed me that he was kicking her seat too much. Give me a break, lady! There was another couple travelling with a two year old little girl that we had met while waiting to board - after the flight I related this complaint to the mom as we waited for our baggage and was rewarded with a nice eyeroll, which made me feel much better.
Once we got the car situation straightened out, we got to our hotel without incident, then went out for my first In-N-Out Burger. Charles has raved about these things forever, and it was pretty good. He actually inquired about opening up a franchise here in Austin, but they told him we don't have the right kind of beef. Say what?
This was the only picture that survived from the first day - we had some issues with running out of room on our camera, but I think we ended up with a good record of the trip overall.
Edit: I found this picture on my phone of Zachary watching the planes as we waited for our flight out of Austin...
No comments:
Post a Comment