Wednesday, April 29, 2009

34 week checkup

I had another nice, uneventful checkup today. Even after rushing to the doctor's early this morning only to find that my doctor was at the hospital in surgery, then rushing to work and rushing back at 11:00 to see a different doctor, then having to wait 45 minutes once I got there, my blood pressure was 122/74 - yay! This doctor said I am measuring right on track - 34 1/2 weeks, so either he has shifted position or she has a different measuring tape. Who knows? Baby's heartbeat was strong and steady in the 140's and he gave a nice visible squirm for the nurse. I guess I'll still have an ultrasound in a couple of weeks but I won't know for sure until my real doctor comes back after her vacation next week. Jaime's doctor is also part of this practice and she is currently on maternity leave, so they are stretched a little thin right now. I'm glad they will all be back by the time we are ready to deliver!

Speaking of my excellent blood pressure turnaround - I read right before Easter somewhere on the internet that some scientists somewhere had recently found a potential link between eating chocolate while pregnant and the prevention of pre-eclampsia. The timing could not have been more perfect! Unfortunately I have finally finished off all the chocolate eggs so I will have to find another source. Don't tell Zachary!

No comments: