Monday, June 15, 2009

About Matthew

Matthew is two weeks old today! He is still just a very sweet baby. He is so strong - he was picking up his head and rolling onto his side from his back when he was one day old. He has hard little muscles in his legs - they are like little rocks! I am not surprised considering the amount of kicking he subjected me to while in the womb! We think he also must have sucked on his fingers while in the belly because he has done it since the day he was born. He hates having his arms swaddled so I have to leave them out so he can get to his hands - he likes to sleep with his arms flung over his head. Most mornings I wake up to see his little legs sticking out of the blanket I had him tightly wrapped in when I put him down - he kicks off the covers just like his big brother! He has the softest little blond peach fuzz on his head. It is frequently sticky with popsicle juice or flecked with Cheeto dust from Zachary's constant kisses. He loves to stare at the blinds and sometimes the ceiling fan. He is really easygoing so far - I can put him in his crib and he will lie there happily while I do whatever I need to do with Zachary. He also loves being held, of course, and will let you know when he is ready to be picked up!

No comments: