Well, we packed up and went off to labor and delivery, where they hooked me up to some monitors and took some blood and other kinds of samples. My blood pressure was still a little elevated when we first got there, but after 30 minutes or so it was back to normal and stayed there the rest of the time (they checked every 20 minutes or so). In her office this afternoon it was 155/98 but by the time I left L&D it was consistently around 120/78. The nurses said my bloodwork came back fine, they didn't see any protein spilling, reflexes were good, no abnormal swelling, baby looks great, so they called me doctor and she said they could turn me loose. She wants to see me again Friday morning. So this boy gets to cook at least a few more days! I'm glad because on Saturday he'll be considered full term, so I'll feel better then. Even though he's big, I didn't want him to have to come out early.
And he is big! They estimated last week that he was already 7 lb 14 oz. So, one more week should be just about right. :-)
Thanks for all the prayers - I will keep y'all posted...
3 comments:
Susanna, this blog is such a Terrific Idea. Thank you so much for doing it. I love all the pictures and everything. Most of all i am thankful you are ok and back home. love to all 3,auntc
ps, i have emily here this week. love, again,ac
Susanna,
Thank goodness! I'm not ready for you to have this baby yet. As long as you're still hanging on, I feel like I have a ways to go. Once Zachary's born, it's only a matter of time before mine wants out too!
Carolyn
Post a Comment