Monday, August 07, 2006

T minus 2 days!

Okay, the date is set! My doctor said that between the size of the baby and my high blood pressure, it is time, so I am scheduled to go in on Wednesday evening at 5:00. I still am not dilated at all, so they will give me Cervadil overnight to soften my cervix, then they'll start the pitocin at about 5 am on Thursday. My doctor says that because the baby is so big and still up so high with no dilation, there is about a 50/50 chance I'll end up needing a C-section. But, there is no guarantee anything will change in the next few weeks, and if he gets too much bigger they would want to do a C-section anyway, so this is my best chance. Either way Zachary should be just fine - she said there is a 3% chance his lungs might not be quite ready, but I'm okay with those odds. So anyway, he should be getting here sometime on Thursday, August 10th (16 days before my due date and 4 days before our first anniversary). I am nervous but very excited!

Please pray that the baby will drop in the next few days and that everything goes smoothly, however it ends up happening (but preferably non-surgically)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

August 10th!!! Leo the Lion. Zachary's going to share a birthday with Dave and Tommy! How fun! I would say more about how you having a C-section would totally make you a copy cat, but I have to get to a meeting, so I don't have time to tease you! Good luck and you'll be in my thoughts.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

We will be waiting for some information at TxState. Don't forget to let us know. You will do fine either way natural or C-section. As long as the baby is fine that is all that matters. I had a C-section when I had Skylar its not so bad and my scar is almost gone. Good luck and we will be thinking about you on Thursday!! Don't forget to give Charles the main office number 512-245-2271!! By the way I have really enjoyed your Blog DJ

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you all! Don't sweat the c-section...you'll do great, no matter what.
love ya!
Laura