Friday, August 04, 2006

Back from the doctor - no baby yet

We got to the doctor's at 10:00 and the waiting room was packed - we didn't get in until about 10:45. My blood pressure was high again so the nurse had me lie down for just a few minutes and took it again, and it was fine this time. My doctor came in and said, 'Well, what day next week do you want to have the baby?' I guess since everything came back good from the hospital the other night, and my pressure was okay today (I don't know if the nurse told her about the first reading), she decided to give me until next week. She also checked my cervix and said I still show no signs of dilating whatsoever, so that was another factor. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday morning, then I'll go back to my doctor in the afternoon and she'll re-evaluate things and make a decision as to when she'll want to induce me. Hopefully my body will show some sign of getting ready for labor. We did another non-stress test too and she said Zachary is perfectly happy in there, so that's good.

I kind of had myself psyched up to have him this weekend! Still, I'm glad he'll have more time - I think each day he stays in will be beneficial for him. So, it's back to the couch for me for a few more days!

No comments: